Depending on what you are working with there are 2 ways to do this
The first is if you want to ‘trace’ something into your journal or on a report etc. I learned about this recently.
This one is great for those of you that journal, or might want to make your own picture but can’t quite get it just right so you can use a few different images to put it together to create it
Get some GRAPHITE paper this can be erased after you have gone over it in the color you want.
make sure when you purchase in a store it says graphite as Carbon will not erase.
Transfer an image to wood, clay etc by using
a printed image, and some baby oil! as seen here
How to Make Coiled and Twisted Wire Bracelet Tutorials (includes a video)
I have this tool
I’m still working on project #1, I’ve had a problem with my hand, as well as got a different idea for it so I had to undo some of my work.
My Aunt had bought them from someone…and I don’t want to copy someone so I put my own style twist on it. I liked the front of them which is the earring on the left.. Yes they have 2 different fabric designs on front & back. I did mine with just one design and FOLDED the fabric over the heatbond… (& at least for now was for practice… )
Keep in mind when you see my twist on this that i HAND SEWED & embroidered them. This way you can make the stitch as small as you want not to mention where you want it (instead of it going through the embroidered part…)
Once I find 2 different types of fabric I think the designs would be cool together then I’ll make the version in the picture.
-sewing Needle (or machine)
-colored thread (depends on color of fabric)
Or just go get 2 of the ones at Walkmart that are like 99cents (or maybe a little more) you don’t need a whole stack!
–Thermoweb Heat’n Bond Light Weight Iron-On Fusible Interfacing-White 20″X36″
I had used the Ultra (heavy duty) but that was because mine was already opened)
-Fiber fill (prefereably in sheets) Fairfield Poly-Fil Traditional White Quilt Batting, Full Size, 81-Inch by 96-Inch, 1 Batting
(*For the photo version you need fabric paint, 2 different designs of fabric)
Step by Step
- Cut a piece of the fabric from the square. I cut a long piece to make a few (of various shapes)
2. cut the heat & bond to half that size
3. lay heat & bond between the fabric
4. Iron while making sure there are no spots that open (otherwise you may get some fraying.)
5. Cut to size & shapes you want (so much easier to do after the heat bond..though you may get a few spots that will open at the edges)
6. if some of the pieces are a bit ‘big’ you can fold in half & use the iron to make it stay
7. Using the design in the fabric and ’embroider’ (which was my idea for it)
medium to dark colored fabric use bright, or lighter thread colors (even metallic)
Light colored fabric use dark thread colors
(if it’s a solid piece of fabric.. there’s all sorts you can do but if a gift.. why not monogram
8. once done with the embroidery sew around the edge (2-3 sides)
9. take a pinch of stuffing & fill (if you are able to get ‘poly fill’ as a sheet (quilt batting) that is what you need if you want it ‘quilted’ looking. mine look more like mouse pillows
10. finish sewing the side
11. Make hole (You might want to use an eye rivet)
12 & include jump ring & fishook earring
13 You’re done!!
p.s once I get the items I need to make the hole and turn it into a earring.. I will post photos or video of that as well…
You can find some of them on my Etsy Shop
(if they are not yet up, please drop a note here or on the site, and I will post them for you to see.)
ANY thought you have for anything, Write it sketch it or a bit of both just so you can retain it when it’s more convenient to really write it out, draw or paint it. This is to keep the reminder of the vision you had for it, and to retain it.
I carry some sort of pad with me at all times, (even if it’s just my little palm sized planner, I figured this way when In a bind, I can at least make a quick note or the basic plot idea, character name or poem I got an idea for
I can even make one for you, $5 (for materials and includes postage) or see if the journal or Post-it pads are of interest to you. Have something specific in mind,
Tell me what text and colors you want Zazzle account.